Octopus not able to download the Nuget

Hi,

We use Teamcity to build the code and use the TC’s default nuget server to publish the nuget packages and push those package to different using Octopus deploy. However for one of the project while Octopus tries to download the package it throws the below error

Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden).

I have checked the Nuget repository package exists in the repository and was able to download using Nuget package explorer tool and even checked through Octopus feed explorer through which I am able to access it hence I assume there is no any access related issue.

Can you please help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Couple of requests to see if we can get to the bottom of this one:

• Where are you exactly seeing this Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden). error? If its in the deployment log, could you send me the raw deployment log so I can take a look at it? If you don’t want to share it in this public ticket, feel free to upload to ]this secure location](https://file.ac/xo_EvR6UvHg/). If you are not seeing this error in the deployment process, please send us a screenshot of the page where you are seeing it.

• If you go to Library -> External Feeds -> [Your feed], can you confirm that you browse and download that package from the UI?

• Which version of Octopus are you running?

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Thanks for getting back to me on this,really appreciated. Yes, I get the error in the deployment log and I have uploaded the raw logs in the secure location which you had provided.

I did check in Library-> External Feeds and I was able browse that package but I dont think you can download from there right.? I could not find any link to download it but I was able to browse it.

My Octopus version is 3.11.7

Regards,
Shalmal

Hi Shalmal,

- I was able browse that package but I dont think you can download from there right.? I could not find any link to download it but I was able to browse it.

This was my mistake, sorry. You can only download the packages from the screen if you are pushing them to the Octopus built-in repository. Since you are not using it (because your packages are in TC), that option should not be available to you. Apologies for my mistake :slight_smile:

The fact that you are getting a 403 (forbidden) from Octopus, but you are able to download the package from the Nuget Package Explorer makes me wonder what’s different between the way Octopus and NPE are authenticating against that repository. You also mentioned that you can see the package using the Octopus feed explorer, meaning Octopus does have some kind of access to that feed, just not during the deployment.

I did some digging in our Issues history, and found this bug which fits your case: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3313

That bug was triggered only during the deployment and when a password with the character $ was being used. Is there any chance that’s your case? This bug was fixed just a couple of versions after yours in 3.11.11, so you should be able to upgrade pretty easily.

Is there any chance you can upgrade to that version (both Octopus and Calamari in your Tentacles) and let me know how it goes? In the meantime I’m gonna ask my teammates for thoughts about this issue.

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we do have character $ in our password which is being used but what I am confused is we use the Guest URL of Teamcity Nuget and if my understanding is right that does not need any authentication.However in the meanwhile we will work on the plan to upgrade our Octopus and Calamari to the new version. Thank you again.

Regards,
Shalmal

Hi Shalmal,

If you are using the Guest URL, I’d try clearing both the User and Password fields of that External Feed in Octopus and see if that works. The bug I mentioned shouldn’t trigger if you don’t have a password set if I recall correctly.

In any case, upgrading will definitely solve this issue.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I actually did that and had the same problem. However now automatically it is fixed by itself… I dont know how. Today I came in and triggered the build and it was fine, pretty strange though.

Regards,
Shalmal

Strange indeed. Glad to hear it got sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your support. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Shalmal

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.