Octopus Log Output Modification

I’m doing a POC that creates an AWS S3 presigned url to securely download a file from one of our buckets but when the link gets printed to the Octopus log it appears to modify the link somehow (maybe url encoding?) because the link doesn’t work.

If I run the same code on my local machine I am able to use the created link to download the file, so I know the code works.

I’m a little curious what’s going on behind the scenes here. Is there a way to prevent the log output from modifying the url?

Thanks,

Jonathan Hunter

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would you be able to provide an example url and output, as well as the code you’re running?

Which version of Octopus Server are you currently running? Would you also be able to send a deployment process JSON or relevant screenshots of all of the pertinent areas so we can reproduce the issue?

If you need to privately message any of this to me for privacy reasons feel free to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Nevermind. I was curious that Octopus was displaying a completely different format to the url so I decided to log into the server directly and run the command straight from the CLI and I got basically the same value that was displaying in Octopus, which still did not work. It ended up that the CLI version on the Octopus server where the runbook was executing was not the current version and it was returning an invalid url. When I updated to the latest version that is found on other servers the returned url worked.

Sorry to waste your time. I appreciate the willingness to help.lol

Hey Jonathan,

No worries. I’m glad to hear you resolved it. Thanks so much for letting me know and updating the thread with the solution. You never know when someone with the same issue might happen upon the thread.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.