Octopus Linux self-hosted

Hello,
I have question about Octopus.
Is there any chance or plan to host Octopus on Linux system directly?

Currently Octopus can be host on machine with Windows Server or via docker container with linux OS. Together with my team We want to migrate our Octopus Server to cloud, and in first place We deiced to use docker, because allow to use desired OS - Linux. After discussions, We figured out that docker is unnecessary abstraction layer. We can prepare VM image with Octopus base configuration and then use across VM machines pool. Configuration can be make similarly as for Windows server described in article Automating Octopus installation. Octopus now support Linux container, so maybe there isn’t problem to install Octopus directly on machine with that system.

Hi @Piotr,

Thanks for reaching out.

I don’t believe this is on our roadmap, but I will confirm with our Australian team and we will update you later tonight.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi @jeremy.miller,

Thanks for quick response.

If currently this isn’t on your roadmap, then It should be taken into consideration for further releases. I believe that Linux version of Octopus will be more flexible solution.

Best regards
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

You’re very welcome. I am still waiting to hear back regarding our roadmap, but I will update you when I do. I will pass along your message as well.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hi Piotr,

I had some chats and it seems like this isn’t on our roadmap but it is something that we’ve been considering. If possible, are you able to go add it to our uservoice? https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I hope you have a great weekend.

Best,
Jeremy

Hello @jeremy.miller,

I created suggestion on uservoice: Octopus Server on Linux directly – Feedback & Support for Octopus Deploy.
Anyone can vote if need this feature.

Thanks @jeremy.miller for your support!
Piotr

1 Like

Hi Piotr,

You’re very welcome! Thanks for creating it and linking it for others.

I hope you have a great week.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.