Octopus is unable to connect to TeamCity thru External Feeds

Hello There,
We installed the new TeamCity and enabled the guest-user. From the TC Nuget Feed i copied the Public Feed URL and pasted in the Libraries->External Feeds->Added. And tried to test and i cant able to see any binaries.
Kindly help me out if i miss any settings.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,
Sandeep.

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for reaching out!

• Do you see an error in the Octopus UI or in your browser’s development console when you test the feed?

• What does the URL you are using to connect to the TC feed look like?

• What do you see if you browse that url from the browser?

Regards,
Dalmiro

I don’t see any error…
1- I’m getting this comment : If you don’t see any results and you are using a file-based NuGet package repository, it might be because your NuGet folder is unavailable. Check that the Octopus service is running under an account that has permissions to access the directory.

2- http://192.168.111.87:8080/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc

3- Replay from the browser :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
atom:titleDefault</atom:title>atom:titlePackages</atom:title>

Regards,
Sandeep.

Hi Sandeep,

Everything looks just fine judging by that info you just sent.

If you don’t see any errors and just that comment, its most likely because your TC guest user doesn’t have enough permissions in your TC instance to show the packages on the feed or you don’t have any packages in there.

Have you tried using Authenticated feed URL instead of the guest one? (see attached screenshot)

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I tried using the Authenticated feed URL but still the same issue with an error.
Error : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Note : The credentials used was the right one.

Regards,
Sandeep.

If you open an incognito tab in your browser and go to the Authenticated feed URL, after you get prompted and put those same credentials, what do you see?

Its working fine with the same credentials. I can able to see the below text :
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
atom:titleDefault</atom:title>atom:titlePackages</atom:title>

Sandeep.

Hi Sandeep,

Could you download the Nuget Package Explorer and then use it to browse the packages in your feed using the Guest URL (the tools doesn’t support auth feeds). Can you see any packages that way?

Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

We don’t use external Nuget Package Explorer…
We publish packages to the feed as a build artifacts of the Nuget pack in the build step, packages will indexed synchronously.
And I see those packages are available in TeamCity Artifacts tab. Thru Octopus it shows nothing nor any error.
Kindly help me out on this issue.

Regards,
Sandeep.

Hi Sandeep,

I’m asking you to momentarily use the Nuget Package Explorer to test if another tools outside of Octopus is able to browse that feed or not. Packages might be available from the TC artifacts tab, but they might not be properly exposed through the feed. This test is an attempt to prove if the feed actually works.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hey Dalmiro,

I’m getting the same issue. I tried both authenticated and guest feed url. It’s showing me the same message.
“If you don’t see any results and you are using a file-based NuGet package repository, it might be because your NuGet folder is unavailable. Check that the Octopus service is running under an account that has permissions to access the directory.”

So not sure what’s wrong I’m doing here. I also tried the “Nuget Package Explorer” but not getting anything in that as well. I have some XML results as Sandeep had.

Let me know what I can do to fix that.

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for getting in touch. Try runnung the Nuget.exe commands detailed in the below link, but using your TC feed URL

If after running that you can’t see any packages, then its definitely something on the feed side (for which I’d recommend you to contact JetBrains support).

Let me know how that goes,
Dalmiro