Octopus HA license

Hi, we are in the process of converting our octopus deploy server from a single AWS EC2 VM to using the HA setup through Helm charts. We have cloned our existing RDS DB instance and the Helm install for Octopus Server passes the connection and validation on the DB, but its failing on the license hash.

No matter how I’ve tried hashing the license XML it keeps saying its either badly formatted, or not valid. Is there anyone who can assist with this?

======== Configuring License =======
Trying to use your new license...
The license text you have supplied is not valid. It should be a Base64 encoded copy of the full license text.

I’ve done it just like this example online to no effect.

Hi @swalsh1

Thank you for reaching out on our community forum!

I was able to find your organization in our systems, and it looks like your Org has a standard server license. To set up a HA cluster, you’d need to change your license type from server to data center. Your Org admin can reach out to our sales dept - sales@octopus.com to request a quote for a Data Center license.

Thanks,
Brent

The licensing is not clear because it seems to state that we should be able to run 3 instances, and on multiple nodes. Allowing for an HA setup. The only other license option is Cloud which indicates that its hosted by you guys as the difference? There is no license type for data center any longer.

https://octopus.com/pricing/faq#server-instances

Hi @swalsh1

Apologies, you are correct, the license structure has changed. I keep forgetting about the data center licenses! I would still recommend an email over to sales@octopus.com, as they will ensure your license is in the proper format as well as ensuring the application of HA and the different nodes are within the license scope.

Thanks,
Brent

Hey @swalsh1

Our sales department contacted me and told me that your license should work for the HA setup you’re configuring. They forwarded your email to our support queue. If you don’t mind, can we shift our work over to that email? If we need to send any license data to you, it would be more secure to do it with the email exchange rather than on our forums.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Brent

Sure that’s fine with me. Let me know if there’s more information you need from me to help troubleshoot this issue.

Seth

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.