Octopus does not honour Dynamic Infrastructure project setting when cloning a project

Running Octopus from the octopusdeploy/octopusdeploy:2018.8.6 container image.

SItuation
I have a ‘template’ project set up that users clone when they want to create a deploy from a new Github repo. One of my environments uses Dynamic Infrastructure. The template project has “Enable Dynamic Infrastructure” set.

Expected Results
When cloned, the Dynamic Infrastructure setting should carry over to the child project as set in the template project.

Actual Results
When it is cloned, the child project has this setting reverted to the default (Disabled). It must be re-enabled each time. This sucks.

Any chance this could be flagged up for a fix? Or perhaps there is a workaround I’m unaware of?

Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry you’re hitting this inconvenient behavior. I’ve previously been able to reproduce this bug, and raised it at the following link where you can track its progress.

Unfortunately for the time being it requires you to manually update these non-default settings on the cloned project.

I’m sorry it’s not better news! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.