Octopus displays logs from linux ssh agent differently and dumping the STDOUT logs as ERROR

Hi,

we have Linux agents connected via SSH to the OctopusServer.

1. while deploying stuff, we get to see lot of ERROR logs in RED colour although they are just STDOUT logs…

Do you know why this is happening or is there any way we can fix this? we use almost the latest version of octopus 3.15.8

1. Logs are mixing up in Octopus… I mean, when you run some processes in linux and the output you see on the terminal back, is not reflected in the same way on the Octopus dashboard in the task log… we can see some boxes and stuff although its just plain english and numbers…

Do you know why this is happening or is there any way we can fix this? we use almost the latest version of octopus 3.15.8

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Raywon

OctopusLog1.PNG

OctopusLog2.PNG

Hi Raywon,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Unfortunately with the information that you have provided I don’t have enough information to identify the problem. So I can understand your issue can you please provide some more information? Can you please let me know the version of Octopus that you are using, the linux version that you are deploying to and if you are using mono?

For your first question, are you able to provide full output of the red text “errors” that you are seeing in STDOUT (preferably raw text rather than a screenshot). If you can provide some more information on what you are deploying as well it might assist in identifying the issue.

Can you please provide the same for the output of the terminal in your second question? For this question can also provide the raw task log so that we can compare the two outputs.

Thanks Raywon, I look forward to hearing from you shortly,

Regards,

Alex