Octopus Deploy Server "Failed checking for updates"

We have a few octopus deploy server which are behind some fairly restrictive firewalls. I have noticed that there are some warning in the diagnostic logs as follows :
Failed checking for updates System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 104.17.84.79:443

Another machine is gets the same warning except the IP is 104.17.83.79:443

An nslookup call to either IP will timeout. When I attempt to browse to those IPs their certificate is ssl768215.cloudflaressl.com and the site just shows “403 forbidden”.

Is this something that we should be concerned about, or is there a settings change we can make to clear up this warning? (We manually update our octopus servers individually , so no automatic update checking is perfectly acceptable for us)

Thanks!

Hi @hardKOrr,

Thanks for getting in touch! Since it’s failing on the upgrade check, disabling that automatic check via the Octopus.Server command line --upgradeCheck=VALUE flag should clear this up for you. This flag is in the configure command and you can reference the following doc page. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.