Octopus deploy process step to upload to s3 bucket showing error "Error: octopus deploy api returned an error on endpoint /api/Spaces-163/projects/Projects-139/deploymentprocesses -

Hi @clare.martin
I think we can get it using data.octopusdeploy_feeds.build_in_feed.feeds[0].id
I am testing the same. I got the FeedId in my local testing. So should work i think.

I will let you know if i need more info. Let me know the updates from engineers.

Thanks,
Vinu

Hi @clare.martin

Now I am getting the attached error while deploying the app. Any idea why the error came?

Thanks,
Vinu

Hey @vinu.vincent,

It seems you have gone full circle there, that is the same error you were getting previously, it seems your TF code is not referencing the feed from the space you are wanting to target, the built-in feed is only for the default space.

If it is any other space it wont be called build_in_feed.

You need to check the feed-ID TF is referencing and see if it matches the one from the API call I mentioned earlier.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi @clare.martin

I was able to fix the issue. I need to pass provider to the data block so that it will take the feedId for the specif space. Deployment is success now.
We can see the terraform code modifications are not reflecting in octopus. Changes will be reflected if we recreate the octopus resource. Can you check that?

Thanks,
Vinu

Hey @vinu.vincent,

Great news you managed to get TF to grab the correct feed-id. Are you saying the deployment is a success but in the Octopus UI the changes are not being shown? I don’t think you need to recreate the resource, I have asked the engineers but if I could get an idea of where the changes are not being reflected in Octopus that would help us understand if there is an issue or if you do need to recreate the resource.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi @clare.martin
When I update my terraform code with changes and apply it, it will not reflect the changes in octopus. Apply will be completed successfully. But it will reflect the changes in actual octopus resource. IF we recreate the resource then it will reflect it. For example updating deploy process, life cycle etc. It will fetch some changes but not all changes.

Thanks,
Vinu Vincent

Hey @vinu.vincent,

Thanks for clarifying that, it seems odd it will show some changes and not others, I have asked the engineer if TF will actually update the feed-id on the fly like that using the TF Code and not hardcoding the feed-id (by getting the API value and writing it in the TF code).

I will let you know what they say,
Kind Regards,
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.