Octopus Deploy Plugin for TeamCity Update Fails

TeamCity can’t seem to update the latest Octopus Deploy plugin. It shows there is an update available: 4.15.10 but when you try to update you get:
Failed to download plugin from URL https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/download?updateId=41430: HTTP response does not contain plugin file

I think the plugin isn’t packaged correctly. Is this something that jetbrains need to fix or Octopus Deploy?

Hi, Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry for the long delay in getting back to you on this one! I’m interested to know if you’re able to use the TeamCity link on our Downloads Page

In this case, the latest version for the TeamCity Plugin for JetBrains TeamCity 7+. is version 4.42.1 which you can download from here

One thing which I found interesting was that the URL which you pointed us to has a trailing : which looks like it’s causing the page to respond with 404 not found.

I’m interested to know if you could provide any logs from the failed upgrade if possible.

One option for a workaround could potentially be to to download the latest package of the TeamCity plugin from our website and upload it to the TeamCity Administration > Plugin page.

I look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of the failed download link.

Kind regards,
Lawrence.