Octopus deploy not copying System.Web.Helpers.dll

I have a web project that TeamCity is Octopacking and everything in the bin folder looks correct. Octopus Deploy takes this package and deploys it to the web server (IIS Web Application within Default Web Site), within that bin directory it does not have all of the dlls that are in the packaged artifacts on TeamCity (nupkg). I have /p:OctoPackEnforceAddingFiles=true as a command line argument but as I said the dlls are in the nupkg but not on the server.

Any ideas?

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out! Couple of questions about your setup:

• Which version of Octopus are you using?
  • Which version of Octopack are you using in your project?
  • Could you please upload the full package to this link so I can try to reproduce this behavior? https://file.ac/rGXbyISoPK4/

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Thanks for the quick reply. I have uploaded my nupkg to the link specified. The dll is also set to copy local, but as stated earlier, it’s in the nupkg file but not in the bin directory of the IIS Web Application

TeamCity: 10.0.0.4
TeamCity Plugin: 4.5.1
Octopus Deploy: 3.5.1 & 3.8.9
Octopack: 3.4.6

EDIT: The only dll that isn’t being put in the deployment directory is System.Web.Helpers

EDIT: I am upgrading to latest version of Octopus 3.8.9 to try it there.

UPDATE: I upgraded to version 3.8.9 of Octopus Deploy as well as all tenticles and still seeing the same issue

Fixed: Seemed to be an issue with that specific build. I kicked off a new build and it deployed the .dll. Painful issue but glad it’s resolved. Thanks for the help

Glad to hear that!

Cheers,
Dalmiro