Octopus Deploy - Indexes have been identified with an index key larger than the recommended size (900 bytes)

Hi Octopus Deploy,

DBA’s have flagged Octopus Application as having Indexes exceeding recommended size (900 bytes):

"This email regarding to remediate the issues which are not following Microsoft recommendation or SPODS standard. This email for the issue “Indexes have been identified with an index key larger than the recommended size (900 bytes)”. Several tables have been found, having index size beyond 900 bytes and can lead to fail the insert and update transaction if size of columns value goes beyond 900 bytes.
I have listed out all the tables, indexes, index name, index size and max used length of size. Please take a look into attached sheet for more details.

Please let me know what is your action plan to Octopus Deploy 2018.X.xlsx (9.2 KB)
this issue."

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have raised an issue to address the length of the index IX_ServerTask_Common: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5045

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane!

1 Like

Hi Shane,

Just following up, to see if there is any planned action to correct this issue?

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

The issue is currently on our backlog, I’ll see what I can do to get it resolved.

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane, appreciate your assistance!

Hi Shane,

I see that you’ve closed the below issue:

Will we have deploy latest version of Octopus for change to take effect?

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

The fix will be shipped in version 2018.12.0, I expect early next week. You will need to update to that version in order for the change to take effect.

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane, appreciate the update!!

1 Like