Octopus Database upgrade failed

Hi Team,
It will be great if you can help us with the upgrade issue.
During Octopus upgrade we received following:
Starting database schema upgrade…
ac_octopus-server_1 | ====================================================================================
ac_octopus-server_1 |
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing pre-upgrade scripts…
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing TSQL Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScriptsPre.Script0000 - Database options.sql’
ac_octopus-server_1 | Enabling read committed snapshot isolation on Octopus
ac_octopus-server_1 | Read committed snapshot isolation is already on
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing schema upgrade scripts…
ac_octopus-server_1 | Beginning transaction
ac_octopus-server_1 | Checking whether journal table exists…
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing TSQL Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0002 - ParameterList.sql’
ac_octopus-server_1 | Checking whether journal table exists…
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing TSQL Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0188 - Delete Artfifact RelatedDocumentIds.sql’
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing TSQL Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0191 - PackageMetadata - Create table.sql’
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing .NET Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0192AddPackageMetadataPushPermission.cs’
ac_octopus-server_1 | 3 User Roles with BuiltInFeedPush will be upgraded to include the PackageMetadataPush permission…
ac_octopus-server_1 | 3 User Roles successfully upgraded to add the PackageMetadataPush permission
ac_octopus-server_1 | Executing .NET Database Server script ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0193RemoveInvalidPermissionsFromUserRoles_A.cs’
ac_octopus-server_1 | – User Roles GrantedSystemPermissions corrections –
ac_octopus-server_1 | Error occured when executing scripts, transaction will be rolled back
ac_octopus-server_1 | Upgrade failed due to an unexpected exception:
ac_octopus-server_1 | Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value “BuildInformationPush” to type ‘Octopus.Core.UpgradeScripts.Script0193RemoveInvalidPermissionsFromUserRoles_A+MigrationPermission’. Path ‘GrantedSpacePermissions[9]’, line 1, position 342.
ac_octopus-server_1 | —> System.ArgumentException: Requested value ‘BuildInformationPush’ was not found.
ac_octopus-server_1 | at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.EnumUtils.ParseEnum(Type enumType, NamingStrategy namingStrategy, String value, Boolean disallowNumber)
ac_octopus-server_1 | at Newtonsoft.Json.Converters.StringEnumConverter.ReadJson(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer)
ac_octopus-server_1 | — End of inner exception stack trace —

Hi @dmytro.zheleznov,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry that you are running into this issue.

Could you give me more details about the upgrade? Here’s a quick list of questions:

• What version of Octopus are you trying to upgrade from?
  • What version are you upgrading to?
  • What version of Windows Server?
  • What version of SQL?
  • Are you performing this upgrade on a new machine?
  • What version of .NET Core do you have installed?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Donny

Hi Donny,
I would like to update you that the issue has been fixed.
The root cause of this error - access issues.
Octopus has been successfully upgraded after the relevant ports were opened.

Thanks,
Dmytro

1 Like

Hi @dmytro.zheleznov,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m really glad to hear that you were able to it working.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please let us know.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.