Octopus.CommandLine is not found in nuget.com

Hello,
I’m trying to use Octopus.Cli package but it’s not able to find this dependency Octopus.CommandLine

Could you help me out here

Thank you so much.

Hey @itsystemshq,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums!

Would you be able to elaborate on what steps you took to get to the error you’re seeing, please?

• How did you install the Octopus CLI?
  • How are you trying to use the Octopus CLI?
  • Are you able to send a screenshot or any logs of the error occurring?

Let me know about the above and we’ll do our best to assist you in troubleshooting!

Kind Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I using the latest package inside a net core application and I’m getting this error:

Could not load type ‘Octopus.Client.Model.PackageMetadata.OctopusPackageMetadataMappedResource’ from assembly ‘Octopus.Client, Version=13.0.3807.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

If you follow the link I shared in my first message you will see the link to Octopus.CommandLine dependency is broken

Thank you for your help
Kind regards,

Hi @itsystemshq,

Thanks for getting back to me!

It’s interesting that the Octopus.CommandLine link you’ve mentioned is broken, is this what you are looking for?

We’ve had reports of similar errors in the past and a reinstall of the Octopus CLI usually fixes the problem, are you able to try this as an initial troubleshooting step, please?

Let me know if this is possible and how you get on, please!

Kind Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam

Package ‘Octopus.DotNet.Cli 9.0.0’ has a package type ‘DotnetTool’ that is not supported by project.

I’m using this Octopus.Cli and that one references the missing package, you can see it in the dependencies section.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Hey @itsystemshq,

Apologies, I wasn’t completely on the same page as you to begin with but I am now!

I’ve attempted to install the Octopus CLI via .NET CLI on my own machine and I am encountering the same error, thank you for raising this with us!

I’ll raise this with our integrations team and see what can be done to resolve this ASAP, and I’ll keep you updated with any information or changes that occur.

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more to add or if you encounter any other issues.

Kind Regards,
Adam

Thank you Adam, looking forward for any update

1 Like

Hello, any news in this thread?

Hey @itsystemshq,

Apologies for the delay on getting a reply to you here, but I have heard back from our developers.

They’ve advised that Octopus.Cli was a package that was needed for the Octopus.DotNet.Cli (the DotNet CLI extension).
This is no longer the case and the Octopus.Cli package has been deprecated on NuGet.
If you’re looking to interact with Octopus inside your own .NET application, it would be best to use Octopus.Client.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll answer them as best as I can.

Kind Regards,
Adam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.