Octopus Cloud BYOK

Hi, is there any way to bring our own master encryption key to Octopus Cloud?

We are existing customers running our own instance of Octopus server, but like the idea of using cloud to reduce the management overhead of the Octopus environment.
In an ideal world we would be able to supply our own encryption key so we have piece of mind that our secrets are unreadable to third parties.

Is this a thing with Octopus Cloud?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately this is a situation we don’t support. While we’re working on a first class feature to easily migrate to cloud, this will more accurately be like an export/import data into an already supplied cloud instance (which will have an already existing database with its own master key).

I’m sorry I can’t give you the news you were hoping for. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for the information.

Not what we hoped for, but it’s best to understand what is and is not available. :slight_smile:

Hi Dan,

No problem at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.