Octopus.Client 4.41.2 breaking change

We upgraded Octopus.Client from 4.41.0 to 4.41.2, and suddenly our integration tests failed.

The reason seems to be the following commit suddenly breaking the contract for calling CreateOrModify with 4 parameters:

Please follow semver and don’t make breaking changes in patch version changes…

Hi Christer,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that you’ve been impacted by this breaking change.

This was something that slipped through our net when releasing that version, I’ve started a discussion within the team on how we can prevent this from happening again.

We are usually very conscious when making breaking changes as we don’t want this situation to happen to our customers. But like I mentioned, in this instance it slipped between the nets.

Again, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this change and I promise we will do better in the future when introducing breaking changes.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Thank you,

No hard feelings from our side as I detected it in my local environment before spreading. Just wanted you to know before more are affected.

/C

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.