Octopus CLI package conflict with tentacle in CentOS

yum install tentacle -y
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Dependencies Resolved

==============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size

Installing:
tentacle x86_64 6.0.0-1 octopuscli 34 M

Transaction Summary

Install 1 Package

Total size: 34 M
Installed size: 87 M
Downloading packages:
Running transaction check
Running transaction test

Transaction check error:
file /usr/lib/.build-id/7e/b9742745122cf7fea007e529f03a766c11f4ff from install of tentacle-6.0.0-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package octopuscli-7.4.4-1.x86_64

Hi pruthvi,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

We’re not aware of any conflicts between our packages so we’re unsure why you are seeing this error.

In the first instance I’d suggest trying to remove the packages and then reinstall them:

yum remove tentacle octopuscli
yum install tentacle octopuscli

Could you please try the above and let me know how it goes?

Best Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for reaching out on the issue.

I did try the option you suggested, but that did not help.

It would be great if I can explain my scenario in brief, if possible.

Hi pruthvi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’m sorry to hear that that the suggestion didn’t work for you.

Please do go ahead and outline your issue and we’ll be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Charles

Hey Charles,

I am currently working on a POC for my application deploy based on

Currently on CentOS Machine; My Octopus Server, Jenkins and Tomcat9 are configured on the same machine.

Able to push the build package from Jenkins to Octopus Server which is Part 1 of CI/CD pipeline deployment process.

Not able to deploy the application on tomcat9 due to exit code 100 error by octopus server.
Attached is the screenshot of the error.

I have Octopus CLI configured, but due to conflicting packages transaction check not able to configure tentacle as per the official integration guide.

Great if you could rectify my mistake and give suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Pruthvi Kumar | Technical Consultant
+91 8197547834

Prodevans Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Hi @pruthvi,

Just jumping in for Charles here, as he’s wrapped up for the day.

Thanks for the information here - I was able to replicate this behaviour in my reproduction environment - it does look like we’re packaging the build-ids with a matching UID, which is causing this issue when trying to install both packages. I’ve raised this with our packaging engineers, and I hope that we can get this fixed up ASAP.

To work around this, you could uninstall the OctopusCLI rpm package, then either install it from the tarball (https://download.octopusdeploy.com/octopus-tools/7.4.4/OctopusTools.7.4.4.linux-x64.tar.gz) or via the don’t tools installer (https://octopus.com/docs/octopus-rest-api/octopus-cli/install-global-tool), then use Yum to handle the installation of the Tentacle? I understand that it’s not the most efficient way forward, and I hope that we can get this packaging issue fixed up.

Please let me know how this goes for you, and if you have any further questions.

Hi Justin,

I tried following the alternate method suggested and it went WELL!,
you have a peek at deployment in the attached screenshot.

Thanks to Octopus Support for the quick and continuous response
and I hope the issue w.r.t packages will be fixed soon.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.