Octopus CLI or REST API to add an environment to a phase of an existing lifecycle

In the Octopus Deploy API (Github project), I see that there are scripts for creating a lifecycle and setting retention policies, but none that impacts phases or environments. Is there something that I can use to specifically add an environment to a phase of an existing lifecycle?

If not, could you please provide some hints as to how I could leverage these functionalities? Say, scripts that do similar operations perhaps?

Hi Arvindhmani,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately I haven’t yet had adequate time to dedicate in writing a custom script to accomplish this, but checking the API calls via the browser’s dev tools that are made when adding an environment to a phase via the UI might help you get going. You’d have to GET the lifecycle, update the OptionalDeploymentTargets parameter (or AutomaticDeploymentTargets if you want it to auto-deploy to this new environment when it hits that phase) in the given phase and then POST it back.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.