Octopus CLI - Create project with version controll

Hi,

Does the octo command support creating a project with version control enabled?

I can configure it via gui or with Terraform, but I find no documentation for how to do this with the octo command.

Regards,
Bernt

Hi @bernt.anker,

Thanks for reaching out and that’s a great question.

It doesn’t look like we currently have any support setting up a new project with VCS enabled from the Octo CLI using create project, although, the Git commands are in create-release. I believe the ways you mentioned are the only supported ways to convert to VCS currently.

I am going to reach out to the relevant teams and verify. If nothing else I will let you know if this functionality might be on a roadmap somewhere.

It might be next week before we hear back as our engineers are based out of Australia and Monday is a holiday for the US.

Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards,
Garrett

Hi @bernt.anker,

Sorry about the delay on this, we had some discussions going on!

Eventually, this is something that will be put into create project once the API supports creating a CaC project directly (instead of multiple steps). One that happens, it will be a fairly simple matter of getting the proper switches on the create project command to hook up the VCS and initially commit.

So the answer is yes, we’re looking at getting this functionality implemented but right now the initial create project in the API does not support create and convert in the same command - thus the CLI won’t either.

I don’t currently have a timeline on when this feature will be available but it’s on the radar. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Garrett

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.