Octopus build version

We just upgraded to octopus deploy 3.4.9 and now our team city builds are not working. Octopus is pushing a cached build version to the server regardless of what the build number is.

I’m not sure if our setup works with these update so my question is there a step by step guide on how to setup team city to work with octopus deployment with the new nugget package changes?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! We have had a few reports of people having issues like this. Since the NuGet package upgrade in Octopus 3.4, some people are having issues with TeamCity and OctoPack on older versions not being compatible with the NuGet changes.

So updating your TeamCity and OctoPack should have everything working as it should again.

However, if this is not the case, would you be able to attach a full build log with the error in it?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

I see the issue in the LOG and it’s this message:

v1.2.9 (15.24 MB) found in cache. No need to upload.

Why is it not taking the new build version 1.2.10?

Thanks,

Daniel,

Could that be the reason why?

[cid:image001.png@01D214D9.811C73F0]

Do you have a best practice guide on how to configure TeamCity to work with octopus? We use team city with its built in Nuget Feed and we’ve been running into issues.

Thanks,

image001.png

Hi,

Thanks for getting back! Without us being able to see the full log it is a bit hard to troubleshoot this issue. Most errors we encounter with builds are contextual and we need to see what is happening at all stages of the build. If you could attach the full build log we will be able to get a good idea at what is happening. :slight_smile:

I have set this conversation to private so only we can see it.

As for best practice for using TeamCity with Octopus,we have some fantastic videos on our website, you can check them out here: http://octopus.com/videos

Regards,
Daniel

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.