Octopus binding different to in use URL

Our octopus server was set up by someone who has since left the company and I am slightly confused as to how the bindings work.

We have a certificate issued for our own domain “octopus.companyname.co.uk” and that works when using octopus web interface, however, in the Octopus manager bindings page I can only see “localhost:9000”. Also the octopus manager shows “localhost” for browsing and in the “find more config information here” link. The localhost URL does not work. Instead i need to go to octopus.companyname.co,uk:9000. This is the case with 2 servers. The certificates are installed on the machines but i can’t see how they are configured with octopus anywhere. Please see screenshots attached of the Octopus Manager.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch! If the bindings are not in the Octopus Manager then it is possible it was setup as a reverse proxy in IIS and the SSL is being terminated there.
That would be where I check first.

Let me know what you find.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for getting back to me. As far as I can see, we’re not using IIS for octopus. There’s no bindings either in the IIS and no website set up for the octopus server.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

The other options are that it could be via a WebFarm or a load balancer. The best bet would be to trace the address you are accessing Octopus from to determine which machine it resolves to.
Our suspicion is that it is not the Octopus Server.

Vanessa