Octopus Azure authentication with client certificate

Hi,
In Octopus I was trying to add Azure Account, when I choose Azure - Octopus Deploy and then when I click on save and test,

I am getting below error message, could you please with this.

Octopus version: 2022.2.8011

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hi Micheál,

Thanks for posting your question, and sorry to see you’re hitting that issue when trying to add an Azure account.

As you might have spotted in that documentation section, unfortunately this method of authentication (using Azure Management Certificates) is no longer supported in Octopus Azure Accounts due to Microsoft’s deprecation of their Azure Service Management APIs. We have kept this in our documentation only for legacy purposes.

Moving forward, the best way to set up a modern Azure Account is to use AzureAD with Service Principals. We have further information regarding the details of this deprecation in our blog here:

That blog details that any existing Azure Accounts based on Azure Management Certificates will continue to function, but it will not be possible to create new ones.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news, but I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.