Octopus and Hadoop

We are building bigdata applications on top Hotornworks platform(Azure cluster). The source code may be java, scala, python or shell scripts. The build tool is maven. The unit test framework is Junit.

Is it possible to deploy this kind of applications (linux/java combination)using octopus

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Your process covers many different platforms and languages, so I’m afraid I won’t be able to give you tons of very specific information. Though I’ll try to give you some important general information :slight_smile:

As a general rule of thumb, we say that if you can package it, you can deploy it. We support a variety of package types, and we support SSH connections as deployment targets.

At Octopus, we focus on .NET. While Octopus is capable of deploying these applications, you may find you have to do a lot of your own scripting to get it to do what you want it to do. It comes down to what you’re after. If you’re looking just for deployment automation, Octopus is fantastic.

I’ve linked to a couple of our documentation pages, and it may be worth browsing through some more. We have documentation pages covering lots of what Octopus does and how. If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot them through to us and we’ll be happy to assist in any way we can.

Kind regards,

Kenny