Octopus 3.13.2 - Rolling Deployment does not work when I change existing step to do rolling deployment

Steps in the project were created without roling deployment. The need was to change one of the step to do rolling deployment.
After the change as per attachment, deployment was working in parallel. Could not get it to work as rolling deployment.

When we created a new project with same steps but started with rolling deployment it worked.
Not sure why the initial project did not work as expected.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for getting in touch! I just tried to replicate this on my server and it looks to work fine on my end. (Same version of Octopus also). Would you please be able to attach a full deployment log for one of the projects where the rolling deployment is not working?

https://octopus.com/docs/how-to/get-the-raw-output-from-a-task

If you are not able to deploy it, would you please be able to attach a screenshot of any errors?

Looking forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks for quick response.

I see this message. We have set project level variable with the value as 10. IF the step has 1 it should work is that correct statement?

You have a duplicate variable ‘Octopus.Action.MaxParallelism’ between the Step Template used in the ‘linux rolling deployment’ step and your Project or Variable Sets in use. Be aware that the latter will prevail over the values entered on the step

12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Step.Name] = 'linux rolling deployment’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.MaxParallelism] = '10’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.TargetRoles] = 'Liferay’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.Id] = '00afe143-1608-470d-995f-9c89127c1a74’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.Name] = 'linux rolling deployment’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.RunOnServer] = 'false’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.Script.Syntax] = 'Bash’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.Script.ScriptSource] = 'Inline’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action.Script.ScriptBody] = 'echo "test"
12:07:57 Verbose | sleep 20
12:07:57 Verbose | echo “done”'
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action[linux rolling deployment].Number] = '4’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action[linux rolling deployment].StepName] = 'linux rolling deployment’
12:07:57 Verbose | [Octopus.Action[linux rolling deployment].MaxParallelism] = ‘1’

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately, the pasted information you have provided is not enough, would you please be able to download the log from Octopus and attach it in its entirety?

The entire log should help me get a better contextual overlook at what is happening here, and pass the information onto the devs if need be. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel