Octopus 2020.1 download link?

There was an email with very good news:

The latest release of Octopus is here. That’s right: Octopus 2020.1 is now available. Octopus Cloud users are already running this release, and self-hosted Octopus customers can download it now.

But the download page doesn’t have a link to 2020.1. Site is yet to be updated or the email went too soon?

Hi Eduard,

Thanks for getting in touch! My sincere apologies, we actually sent the email out too soon. We’re currently working on getting 2020.1 ready to ship as soon as possible. I’m sorry about the confusion!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for the clarification!

We actually were so eager to try it that after some searching we have just discovered that you actually published docker image of it and, as a bonus for us, it is also Linux image so we are playing with it now, thanks! I understand that it is still EAP but we will give it a go as an experiment :slight_smile:

Regards,
Eduard

Hi Eduard,

Thank you for following up and letting me know! I hope your experimentation has been going well, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns along the way!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Yes, we are quite thrilled to be able to run Octopus as a Linux Docker :smile:
To us it looks like it is snappier than our older Windows version :+1: (though it might be just a difference in versions - my understanding that 2020.1 is based on .NET Core 3.1?).

The only issue we’ve encountered so far is that TaskLog produced by 2020.1.5 is displayed differently than the one produced by older 2019.9.10 (when viewed in 2020.1.5 - we migrated the server from 2019.9.10).
E.g.: 2019.9.10:

vs 2020.1.5:

Not sure if it a bug or a feature…

Regards,
Eduard