Octopack not creating nuget package

Hi

I am using VS 2013 and TFS for CI and I am trying to use Octopack to create nuget packages for Octopus deploy.
I tried everything but the runoctopack= true command doesn’t create a package.

Please help! urgent

Thanks

Hi Sonal,

Thanks for getting in touch! Is OctoPack within your solution and checked into your source control?
Are any errors being produced? Are you able to provide us with a build log?

Thanks
Vanessa

Hi

Octopack is in my solution, i get the nupkgs in the drop folder but i want the octopack nuget packages on either a file share or on the http path.
Below is the msbuild arguments i tried:
/p:RunOctoPack=true /p:OctoPackPublishPackageToFileShare=\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment /p:OctoPackPublishApiKey=API-A5G0JO7RLAKAQNFHC36UFBCXGAM

The network path above is shared for everyone.

But i get the following error:

C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets (91): Could not copy “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed.

I am using TFS cloud and i was trying to build using automated build.

Thanks
Sonal

a part of the log file

“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\LTA.sln” (default target) (1) ->
“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Tests\Lta.Web.Services.Tests.csproj” (default target) (6) ->
“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services\Lta.Web.Services.csproj” (default target) (7) ->
“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.csproj” (default target) (8) ->
(OctoPack target) ->
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. The network path was not found. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Crm\Lta.Web.Services.Crm.csproj]

“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\Lta.Web.csproj” (default target) (9) ->
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.1.0.0.27037.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.1.0.0.27037.nupkg”. Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\Lta.Web.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.1.0.0.27037.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.1.0.0.27037.nupkg”. The network path was not found. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\Lta.Web.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web\Lta.Web.csproj]

“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.csproj” (default target) (12) ->
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. The network path was not found. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory\Lta.Web.Services.ActiveDirectory.csproj]

“C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.csproj” (default target) (13) ->
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file “C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\obj\octopacked\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.1.0.0.0.nupkg” to “\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.1.0.0.0.nupkg”. The network path was not found. [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.csproj]
C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\packages\OctoPack.3.0.31\tools\OctoPack.targets(91,5): error MSB3021: [C:\a\src\Trunk\Source\Lta.Web.Services.Sql\Lta.Web.Services.Sql.csproj]

Hi Sonal,

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like the network path has been entered incorrectly, it’s passed as \ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment but should be \\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment.

Also, when publishing to a network share (or local folder) there is no need to pass /p:OctoPackPublishApiKey to OctoPack, it is only used if you are pushing to the built-in NuGet repository.

Hope that helps.

Henrik

Hi

Thanks for the response but i am passing the network path correctly as
\ntcs060\test6.lta.org.uk\deployment

But still not able to publish.

I am using TFS cloud and vs 2013. Does it require any specific configuration or access rights to get published?

Thanks
Sonal

Hi Sonal,

The logs you attached below, are they from VS2013 or from TFS?

According to the error message, the machine doing the build is unable to find the network path that you have specified.

Henrik

Hi

The build log is of tfs CI build, and the network path is accessible otherwise to everyone.

I dont know what it takes to publish from TFS CI build on a network path of or nuget server to load the packages directly.

Basically what I am trying to achieve is:

1. CI build using TFS cloud
  2. Publish the Octpack nuget package to the nuget server directly or on a network share
  3. Set up octopus deploy to use the octopack package for deployment

I need help to publish the octopack package

Thanks
Sonal

Hi Sonal,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

What I think is at play here is that you’re trying to get your TFS build server running in the cloud (external to your network) to access a local network share within your corporate network.

You would need to somehow give your TFS build server access to your internal network to be able to publish the octopack package to it.

I have done some quick Google searches but have not found a solution for this, I am sorry.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,
Henrik Andersson