OctoPack MSBuild Error

Hi,

I am trying to create a package to deploy our SQL db using Octopus following your example of: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Using+OctoPack

But I am hitting the following when performing the build locally: msbuild example.sln /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Release /p:RunOctoPack=true

…\packages\OctoPack.3.4.6\tools\OctoPack.targets(46,29): error MSB4064: The “UseFileVersion” parameter is not supported
by the “GetAssemblyVersionInfo” task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.
…\packages\OctoPack.3.4.6\tools\OctoPack.targets(46,5): error MSB4063: The “GetAssemblyVersionInfo” task could not be initialized with its input parameters.

I was using OctoPack 3.4.7 but then downgraded to 3.4.6 to see if that would help but has not.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Dan Manning

Hi Dan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with the build log output, starting at the line Target "OctoPack" in file until the error occurs?

What version of MSBuild are you using? Also please check the OctoPack path in the project file is correct, sometimes it does not update properly.

Are you able to reproduce the problem in a small project that you could send me? Either attach it to this post and make the post private, or email it to us at support at octopus.com.

Regards,

Robert W