Octo.exe doesn't understand "latest" keyword for package version

Hello, Octopus!

I’m trying to create release using octo.exe or teamcity plugin, and I have one strange looking problem.

I have two steps in process, they use different packages, one is main and one is secondary. I want to use the latest version from nuget for secondary step as it’s written here:

octo create-release --project HelloWorld --version 1.0.3 --package StepA:latest --server http://octopus/ --apiKey API-ABCDEF123456

But i got an error: “The version portion of the package constraint ‘StepA:latest’ is not a valid semantic version number.”

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry about the confusion we’ve caused here, and I appreciate you pointing this out. If you don’t pass this parameter for your step name/package ID in your command, it will select the latest package available for these steps by default. You can pass a specific package version for any other steps that don’t use the latest if required, and that will work as required. I’ve updated that doc page to reflect this.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Ouch, this is bad news for me :frowning: I have 5 packages and use --defaultpackageversion for 4 of them, and I thought I can use “latest” for last one. Of course, I can enumerate all packages with %version%, but it sounds pity.

Anyway, thank you for answer, Kenneth.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.