Octo Create Release TFS (v1.0.1) stopped working after 3.3.11 upgrade

Hi,

Just wanted to find out if anyone else is getting this issue. Upgraded to 3.3.11 and my build agent now returns a 401 when creating a release.

2016-05-05T07:44:19.1907591Z Environment = TfsVersionControl
2016-05-05T07:44:19.1907591Z Comments = True, WorkItems = True
2016-05-05T07:44:20.4791244Z ##[error]The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I’m 99.99% positive its not the API token in the configuration on TFS as I’ve created a new one, assign it ( as a precaution ) and the push to nuget (using both the new and old token ) is working. Also confirmed the url for the octopus deploy server is accessible from the build agent and externally.

We have the same problem.
Since this morning (05-05-2106) , VSTS deploy fails in “Create Octopus Release” step with (401) Unauthorized.

We have the same problem even without update Octopus (v 3.2.7). Problem not in ApiKey, because from PowerShell connect with this ApiKey woks fine. Also Octopack in Build step can push nuget package with this ApiKey. Problem also observed from this morning (05-05-2106).

I have run into this today as well. What I found is that it is unable to connect to VSTS because the endpoint it is retrieving does not have an Auth token. If I turn off the inclusion of Comments and Work-Items so that it doesn’t tried to reach out to VSTS to query the information then the build works.

Hi folks,

We have just pushed a new version (1.0.3) that should resolve the problem.

We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience.
We made extensive changes to the extension, adding three new tasks (Pack, Push, Deploy).

Adam was correct; it was an authorization issue when contacting VSTS to retrieve work-items and changeset comments. Microsoft had renamed many of the VSTS PowerShell cmdlets and object properties; we missed updating one.

Please let us know if the update doesn’t resolve the issue for you.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks Michael,

Looks good, working on our end.