Octo build-information call failing with Jira integration

I’m calling octo build-information from the command line and that works fine when I don’t have a reference to a jira issue in a commit comment. As soon as I reference a jira issue the octo call fails with the following error:

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond..
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10060): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.AuthenticationHelper.SendWithNtAuthAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Uri authUri, ICredentials credentials, Boolean isProxyAuth, HttpConnection connection, HttpConnectionPool connectionPool, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithNtConnectionAuthAsync(HttpConnection connection, HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.AuthenticationHelper.SendWithAuthAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Uri authUri, ICredentials credentials, Boolean preAuthenticate, Boolean isProxyAuth, Boolean doRequestAuth, HttpConnectionPool pool, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncClient.DispatchRequest[TResponseResource](OctopusRequest request, Boolean readResponse)
   at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncClient.Post[TResource,TResponse](String path, TResource resource, Object pathParameters)
   at Octopus.Client.Repositories.Async.BuildInformationRepository.Push(String packageId, String version, OctopusBuildInformation octopusMetadata, OverwriteMode overwriteMode)
   at Octopus.Cli.Commands.Package.BuildInformationCommand.Request()
   at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.Execute()
   at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
   at Octopus.Cli.CliProgram.Run(String[] args)
Exit code: -3

I have a Jira integration configured to a Jira server instance (v8.5.2) and I’ve tested it successfully using the test button in the UI.

Here is the contents of the build information file:

{
    "BuildEnvironment": "Production",
    "CommentParser": "Jira",
    "BuildNumber": "67",
    "BuildUrl": "http://myserver/myrepo/pipelines/67",
    "VcsType": "git",
    "VcsRoot": "http://myserver/myrepo",
    "VcaCommitNumber": "bf9596e867bd6dcfe223df5596d6155976985d48",
    "Commits": [{
        "Id": "23d6d4b9042c775ac662e0c08283b575dfacd8bd",
        "Comment": "GPBC-4: Some comment"
    }]
}

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected behavior. It’s strange it only started since adding the Jira issue reference, along with the successful test in the UI, since this error message usually indicates some general communication issue with Jira. I’d like to dig into this mystery a bit deeper.

Could you send through the full octo build-information command you’re running so I can give this an accurate test? Lastly, could you send the full log file that includes the snippet above? That might be helpful to get full context around this issue. For privacy, feel free to mark this thread as private or email this info to us at support@octopus.com and I can grab them there.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for the reply, Kenneth. It appears to be working as expected when I push the build information tonight. I don’t have a good explanation for why it wasn’t working, but I think this issue can be closed.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you kindly for getting back in touch, and that’s good to hear it seems to work now. Please let us know if you hit this (or any other) issue again and we’ll be more than happy to dig into it. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.