Object reference not set to an instance of an object while deploying package

Hi

I’ve recently upgraded to Octopus 3.0.1. Since then, I started having the issue below in the Deploy package process.

Deploying package 'C:\Octopus\Files\TIS.Online.Web.1.0.52.nupkg-649a59e7-f03a-4da5-bd85-0fabc4c77ee4' to machine 'https://MY_TENTACLE_SERVER:10933/'
Deploying package:    C:\Octopus\Files\MY_PROJECT.1.0.52.nupkg-649a59e7-f03a-4da5-bd85-0fabc4c77ee4
Using variables from: C:\Octopus\Work\20150723084710-14\Variables.json
Copying package contents to 'C:\Temp'
Error
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The error is too vague to know what exactly the issue is. For this, Log level was set to Trace in NsLog.config, but still not getting useful information. Are there anyone out there, having the same/similar issue after the upgrade?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jae

Hi Jae,

Thanks for getting in touch! Do you have a manual intervention step in your process? It is an issue we should have a fix for tomorrow.
The only workaround is to skip that step in your deployments.

Please let me know if this is the case.
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Yes, I had had a few manual intervention steps, which were removed .
Now, the problem’s gone. Thanks.

Which version will include this fix, and can I know the release date?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jae

Hi Jae,

We will try for 3.0.5 with the fix. Hopefully before the weekend.
This is the issue that will be in the release notes: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/1716

Vanessa

hi All,

can anyone help me out. OCTOPUS is failing with below error any suggestions please

: Setting up the Octopus Agent

[ERROR] CO1NGIMPERFIES1 : Setting up the Octopus Agent failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Octopus.Drivers.OctopusAgentInstaller.RegisterDcomService()
at Microsoft.Octopus.Drivers.OctopusAgentInstaller.SetupRegistry()
at Microsoft.Octopus.Drivers.OctopusAgentInstaller.Install()
at Microsoft.Octopus.Drivers.OctopusAgentDriver.Setup()
at Microsoft.Octopus.Engine.Execution.ServerExecutor.SetupOctopusAgentDriverBody()
at Microsoft.Octopus.Engine.Execution.ServerExecutor.SetupOctopusAgentDriver()

Hi Bhargav,

You have come to the wrong support site. We are Octopus Deploy and not the Microsoft Octopus Agent.

Vanessa