Nuget Package Resource Not Found

UI only issue when attempting to view, download, or delete packages with trailing dot + numeric ID value.

The UI will just respond with “The resource was not found on this server.” However, these package references are still valid during deployment process. This issue appears to be isolated to the UI.

How to reproduce?

1. Create package with the ID = anything.1234 ( dot + numeric ) example:
<?xml version="1.0"?> **Anything.1234** 1.0.0 abc abc false abc
  1. Create and upload package via OD

This will result in the 404 resource. Searching this package you will be able to find it, but will not be able to view details or delete the package after uploading.

This does not impact the deployment process and this was working in prior version of OD.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. I appreciate you reporting this, and I’ve been able to replicate this behavior and raised the following issue for you to track.

This seems to only happen on dot + numeric IDs like you pointed out, and instead using something like anything-1234, or even anything.abcd as the ID works as it should in the web portal.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Rick,

Just wanted to reach out again quickly after some more investigation. It looks like we use a regex to parse the version during the API request, and the regex is looking for the last 4 “parts” and expects them to be the version. So in your example, anything.1.2.3.4.1.0.0, it detects 4.1.0.0 as the version which gives the 404. This means another workaround would be to use 4 “parts” in your version. Versioning this same package 1.0.0.0 instead of 1.0.0 should cause this to succeed.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Kenny

I get the workaround for new package moving forward. However, we have many preexisting packages that we can no longer manage through the UI. I am not too much concerned with new package as we can adjust to avoid the issue. Existing packages with this issue is going to be painful.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.