Nuget Package Push Timeout

Hi
We are pushing a package to a remote octopus, we get a timeout after 10 minutes, is there a way of specifying a longer timeout for a push?
I can see a timeout option for deployment (http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Deploying+releases) but I cant see anything for pushing a package: (http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Pushing+packages)

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch! We are going to need to grab a bit more information from you for this.

Would you be able to let us know what CI server you are pushing the package from?
Could you also attach the build logs with the error message that you are receiving?

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this!

Regards,
Daniel

We are using Visual Studio Team Services pushing from an agent based in the UK to a nuget server based in the West coast of America. There is an option in the build step to pass additional arguments so if there is a flag to increase the timeout we could pass it in there.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

buildlogtimeout.txt (2 KB)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back with this info. I notice in your logs that you are using Octopus version 2.6. Octo.exe push feature requires a specific endpoint in the Octopus Server, which isnt available prior to 3.3. The VSTS feature uses octo.exe push as it is designed for when you cannot use OctoPack. The easiest option here is to use NuGet push or using the OctoPack /p:OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp= command, the other option is to upgrade. :slight_smile:

We now realize that our error messaging here could be much better, one of our devs has just made a GitHub issue to address this. If you wanted to have a look I will link it below.

Regards,
Daniel

OK thanks for the help I think upgrade is probably our best/easiest option.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

No worries, let us know if you have any further questions or run into any more issues.

Regards,
Daniel

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.