Nuget Package Formatting

I was under the impression release notes supported Markdown.

I have a markdown file called releasenotes.md which I am pushing in to the Nuget package created by TeamCity using the OctoPackReleaseNotesFile. When this is shown in the version lists release notes it doesn’t retain any formatting.

Also is there anyway to have the deployment release notes prepopulated with the values from the package release notes.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting in touch! And thank you for pointing this out to us! I have just created a GitHub issue for this that you can track at the following location: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2631

As for your question, there is no way to populate the release notes with the package release notes, but you can create release notes on release creation if you wanted.

Hope that helps! Please feel free to get in touch if you run into any further issues or have any more questions.

Regards,
Daniel

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.