Not able to deploy to DFS

I am not able to deploy my code to a distributed file system. It returns “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process:”. I am using version Octopus Deploy 3.22.0.

Hi,
Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear that you are seeing this problem. I’m interested to know a little more about your environment.

Firstly, are you seeing this problem because your Octopus Server is configured for High Availability and the Octopus Servers’ storage is configured to use DFS?

Or, are you deploying a file that happens to live on DFS Replicated storage media? I believe if this is the case there might be another file or process that’s locking your file. If this is the case, our blog post on How to handle locked files might come in handy here.

Are you having problems with DFS Replication? - This typically surfaces in Octopus High Availability when you try to run a deployment and your logs flicker in and out in the Portal UI. You might be able to uncover some issues by looking at some handy logging provided in this blog post written by Microsoft for troubleshooting advice on DFS replication, it’s a little old but I believe it will still be relevant

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2007/10/05/top-10-common-causes-of-slow-replication-with-dfsr/

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Lawrence.

Do I need to remove the servers from DFS before deploying?

Hi,
Thanks for keeping in touch! I’m really sorry to say that I can’t advise if you need to remove the servers from DFS without knowing more about your specific environment.

Kind regards,
Lawrence.