"No package has been staged error" after delayed manual intervention

I’m seeing a recurring issue with octopus 2019.12.0. Is this normal octo behaviour?

We have a scenario where nightly deployment between environments will output an error and triggers a manual intervention. This will get attended to the next morning (after about 4 to 6 hours), but upon continuing with the deployment the following steps fail with “No package has been staged” error.

There is a set of workers performing octo deployment tasks, and some of them are cloud based, but this will fail on our on prem workers as well. If I log into an on prem worker that contains the failing package I can still see it on the uploaded directory.

Hi @pazrodrigo,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you’re having the issue.

That does sound like weird behavior. Would it be possible to get the following to try to dig in and see what’s going on:

A task log from a failed deployment (and if possible, a successful task log from the same project)
A copy of your deployment process JSON. To get this go to the Project, then the process section, then click the 3 dots to the right of add step and click download JSON.
A corresponding server log that covers the time-frame of the deployment. The default location for these is C:\Octopus\Logs

If these need to be private, please feel free to private message me the attachments. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.