Never ending Canceling

Any news about this issue? Any issue added to github?
This is very problematic.

Hi @rafal.gapski,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry that you are running into this issue.

Could you provide more details about the environments experiencing this issue? (such as OS, listing/polling tentacle or ssh target, example raw task log from a hung task). Does this behavior happen with particular targets or random targets? Does it happen every time or just sometimes?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

• Octopus v2020.4.9 hosted at Windows Server 2019
  • Listening Windows/Linux tentacles
  • Most of the steps are PowerShell Scritps
  • Problem appears when f.ex. there are problems with network (like latest problems with Azure) and script hangs at uploading or downloading something (f.ex. to/from Azure Docker Registry). When scripts hangs, cancelling deployment at Octopus Server does nothing except neverending Cancelling status.

Hi @rafal.gapski,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Have you had a chance to confirm whether or not rebooting the Octopus Server service resolved the issue with the hanging cancellations?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Donny

Yes, actually reboot is the only way to fix these issues.
If task is cancelling restarting Octopus Service is not possible (never ending stopping state), system reboot is the only method.

Hi @rafal.gapski,

Thank you for getting back to me.

At this time, we do not have a way around this behavior in the event of network interruptions. However, we are currently exploring ways to handle this more elegantly.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this or anything else.

Regards,
Donny

No, that’s all. All I do now is waiting for the fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.