.Net Core - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: (5) Access is denied:

We are running Server v2020.2.16, Tentacle 6.0.135, & Calamari 12.1.1
Our .Net Core “application” & “API” IIS deployments most always fail with following error, which I thought had been fixed in a previous Tentacle version. I believe we are are all current versions. We have these versions installed on 8 different servers and have this problem on all of them.

Purging the directory ‘D:\WWW\API\Quote_API’
March 3rd 2021 11:32:02Error
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: (5) Access is denied: [\?\D:\WWW\API\Quote_API\FluentValidation.AspNetCore.dll]

Hi @DouglasBanks,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

Could you provide a copy of a raw task log that shows the issue you are experiencing?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Donny

OctopusAccessIssue (32.7 KB)

Raw log file attached.

Hi @DouglasBanks,

Thank you for getting back to me.

It looks like the App Pool may still be running. We have a community step template available that can stop the App Pool in the step prior to deployment:

If you are already stopping the App Pool, you may be running into permissions or antivirus as the culprit.

Let me know your thoughts at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Donny

Donny, Thank you so very much. I am installing the stop & start. I had not seen those in the Community Steps. I will let you know how that works after I install and run it in the morning,

Doug

1 Like

Hi @DouglasBanks,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Let me know how you make out once you test.

Regards,
Donny

Donny, it worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Doug

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.