.NET CLI (dotnet) Pack command for Core project doesn't do anything but building the project

Hello,

I use the Teamcity plugin to create the package for a .NET Core project to be pushed to the repos.

My settings are the following:

Runner type: .NET CLI (dotnet)
Step name: something
Command: pack
Projects: I use my csproj
Configuration: release

I leave the rest empty.

When it runs, it builds the project and doesn’t pack anything. What I’m doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry you’re having trouble with the build steps, can I just check a couple of things to make sure I understand your scenario fully?

Is the project you are trying to package a library (e.g. class library) or an application (e.g. ASP.NET)? I suspect the latter, because the TeamCity step you are using runs dotnet pack under the hood, and that is designed for packaging libraries and does not produce any output for an application project.

In this case I’d recommend using our Octopus Pack step, which uses octo.exe pack under the hood and is designed for application packaging. I wrote a blog post about this recently that might be of assistance.

Hope that helps and please let me know if I can assist further.

Regards
Shannon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.