Multiple roles - run step multiple times

Hi,
in a project we have design that uses the same steps with different variables for different roles. this works fine when there’s one role per server, we don’t need a step for each role.
Though I’ll need to have one “pre-test” environment that will have all the roles (it’s a site, it will be deployed 4 times on the one server), is this possible without having to make each step into 4? Can I force the step to run for EACH role, not ANY of them, with relevant variables applied for each role?
Thanks in advance

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m assuming you have only one tentacle in “pre-test” environment. If so, then you can add that tentacle to Octopus 4 times as 4 seperate deployment targets. In this way you can simulate your setup from other environemnts on a single box.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards,

Pawel

Hi,

I’ve figured that option later, I think this will work, I’ve just hoped for some option in octopus to "run once for each role on tentacle instead of “run once per tentacle”.

thanks.

Hi Jiri,

I’m glad you’ve solved your problem. At the moment we don’t have the feature you are looking for but if it is something you would like to see in Octopus then please create a new UserVoice idea.

Regards,

Pawel