I have a rather complicate deployment scenario and I’m hoping for some help in how to accomplish what i want.
- I have a windows service that is deployed with Octopus.
- I have several plugins for that service also deployed independently.
- I have all the deployment folders pointing to the same location
- The service and plugins use MEF, so all that is needed is to stop, deploy, start the service
The issue I’m having is how to merge all the setting, mainly connection strings, into the app.config file for the service
- The issue is that when the service itself is deployed, it overwrites the app.config files
- How do I merging my plugin specific settings without losing other settings.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.