Multihomed NuGet Feed/Octopus Server fails to bind scoped variable library set variable to step template parameter

We have a parameter network (DMZ) hosting a NuGet feed and Octopus Server. Internal and external hosts access the parameter with different names/IPs. Given a multiple phases to a lifecycle, some of deployment targets can exist on either side of the parameter. A project step template, based on the Octopus.TentaclePackage, exposed the “Octopus.Action.Package.FeedId” as a property. The idea to be able to change the feed web address based on a scoped library variable. In a project it works if you set the Package feed ID to static value, but, when you bind the parameter to a variable you get the following message:
Error from Octopus server (HTTP 400): There was a problem with your request.

Handshake successful. Octopus version: 3.4.11; API version: 3.0.0

• The feed #{NUGETFEEDID} referenced by steps in this project no longer exists.
    Once you have corrected these problems you can try again.
    If the problem is related to a variable you will need to update the variables for this release or recreate the release for the changes to take effect.
    If the problem is related to the deployment process you will need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.

All Variables are up-to-date, I can see the both feed id entries for #{NUGETFEEDID} variable on the web UI.

Any other ideas on how to parameterize the feed id?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This variable needs to be available at release creation time, so we need an unscoped variable just so we can resolve it at release creation (then your scoped versions will work at deployment time as expected).

So as a workaround to get the release creation happening, you’ll just need to create an unscoped version of this library variable.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
Mark

Thank you for the help. It would not have occurred to me to use an unscoped variable. Still testing, but initially it gets past the errors works for the targets I’ve tested against so far…