Moving some projects to a new separate Octopus Instance

Sure, I’ve uploaded the exported projects as well as the output log from the migrator.

Hi Kenneth,
any joy in finding why the import fails? Do you need any additional information from me?

Best regards,
Robert

Hi Kenneth, would you have any updates for me?

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for following up! I’ve spent quite a bit of time looking through the export you provided (thanks for sending those!) though sadly I haven’t been able to spot what’s causing this null ProjectGroupId issue. Nor have I been able to reproduce it, so it’s honestly stumping me at this point. Are you able and willing to upgrade to latest LTS (2019.6.8), grabbing the export and importing specifying the --overwrite flag?

I know this is a stab in the dark. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to pinpoint the difference to explain why it imported ok in 2019.7.12 but not 2019.6.7. My sincere apologies about the inconvenience this has caused, and for the length of time so far attempting to diagnose this issue.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
I did use the --overwrite flag in the past and the resulting import wasn’t reliable - I was getting all kinds of errors / exceptions while navigating the application.

I will do it once more but I am starting to wonder if the solution is just to wait until the next LTS comes out and try the export procedure.

Do you know for when the upcoming LTS is scheduled?

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for following up! We’re currently planning on shipping the next minor LTS release (2019.9.0) within the next 3-4 weeks, though that’s not set in stone. It might be worth waiting for that one if you’re able.

My apologies again about the inconvenience and confusion this issue has caused you! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.