Move deployment target from default space to new Space

We’ve recently upgraded Octopus which now includes the Spaces feature. Which means everything we had before is in the default space.

I’ve created a new Space. I want to move a deployment target that we have in the default space to the newly-created Space. I am unable to figure out how to move my existing deployment targets to a new Space. Going through the UI inside the newly-created Space, it appears all of the instructions only refer to adding a new deployment target.

Hi @SamRueby,

Thanks for getting in touch! Spaces currently has no options for copying any targets, projects, environments, or data of any kind between one another. We are currently working towards building this kind of copy/migration feature in later updates to spaces.

Unfortunately, the only option at the moment is to manually create the targets in the new space.

Let me know if you have any further questions here.

Best regards,
Daniel

I think that’s a deal-breaker for me for the moment then: that would be a ton of work!

I also didn’t realize self-hosted has a short limit of 3. We’ll have to wait until there’s copy/move functionality to dive into this feature.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.