Hi Octopus Team, Octopus Users!
I was wondering if you could give me some advice on moving projects in Octopus between Spaces.
I have ~40 projects (under one project group) that w’ll have move to new Space.
- Using Octopus.Migrator run a partial-export of specified project group (with all settings i.e. projects, variables, machines, lifecycles)
- Via Powershell replace default spaceId with new one in all .json files (all files including machines) and file names.
- Replace all occurrences of space-1 feedId with the new feedID for new space. What do you think? Will this be required? Or step 2nd should cover this? We also use built-in feed.
- Using Octopus.Migrator import modified projects together with machines and all projects settings…
- Remove old project group & machines & environments etc.
I am planning to test it on our DEV instance of Octopus, however I am hoping that someone has already conducted similar activity and maybe has some advice for me? Do you see any mistakes in above plan?