Mochawesome installation on Ubuntu worker

Hello Team,

Good News is that i’m in final stages of successful deployment. I am stuck, where I cannot see the consolidated report.html in the artifacts. Have been using mochawesome for reporting and was successful with single report as seen in the screenshot below

But the merging various test html’s after following the guide from the link Using Mochawesome Reporter with Cypress - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻 the octopus deploy is not happy with the result and cant view the .html file which otherwise works OK from visual studio code. Creates consolidated result report in the path configured locally on VSCode

Question is do I need to install and configure mochaesome reporter on my worker(ubuntu machine) for it to work? I did try but throws warnings/errors as below.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,
Pari

Hi Pari,

Thank you for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your process in Octopus Deploy, but I’m happy to help!

As a first step, I noticed the following lines in your screenshot:

From that error message, it looks like you might not be using a supported version of NodeJS for this particular module.

I’d recommend using a supported version of NodeJS to see if this takes care of things (>= 14.0.0), but let me know how it goes in investigating this avenue further.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you are still having trouble and I’d be glad to help further.

Best regards,

Britton

Hi Britton,

Thank you for pointing that out. It was indeed my next task. After many issues I have now upgraded to NodeJS 18x. Also installed required mochawesome software yet the consolidated .json and consolidated.html doesn’t get displayed hence deployment fails. However individual .json are displayed in the summary when searched via run a script using bash script.

I am after the end report.html(consolidated report of all test results). Need your advise on how to get the end report from octopus deploy. Am i missing anything that needs to be included within my dockerfile? As my cypress tests run in container on ubuntu worker.

Regards,
Pari

Hi Pari,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ll jump in for Britton for the time being as he’s currently offline as part of our US-based team. :slight_smile:

While I’m not sure exactly what could be missing here at this stage, I think it’d be worth pointing you to a blog post a colleague wrote a little while back that may be very helpful to have a read through.

https://www.octopus.com/blog/end-to-end-testing-with-cypress

I’ll review the details provided in some more detail going forward, but I hope that helps point something out in your case for the time being!

Best regards,

Kenny