Mixing Tentacle download options in same project does not work - bug or feature?

I have a project where the deployment uses different Tentacle download options, based on the deployment environment. Our NuGet feed is coming from TeamCity.

Steps 1, 2, and 3 are essentially the same, but vary slightly for DEV, QA, and PROD. So only one step will execute, depending on the target environment.

For both DEV and QA (Steps 1 and 2), I selected the option “Each Tentacle will download the package directly from the NuGet server”

For PROD (Step 3), I selected the option “Octopus Server will download the package, then securely upload it to the Tentacles”.

Our PROD environment is locked down to where we cannot deploy directly from TeamCity.

When running the PROD deployment, it appears to use both options. When I create a separate project for PROD, it simply uploads without also trying to download directly. Also, when I set all of the steps/environments to use the same option, it simply uploads as well.

It seems to happen when I have steps in the same project with different Download Options. For now, I set all of them to “Octopus Server will download the package, then securely upload it to the Tentacles”.

Thanks

Hi - thanks for getting in touch. This is a bug, we’ve resolved it in the 2.4 codebase which should ship in preview form very soon. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Nick