Missing Permission: TeamView

Hi team,

We upgraded Octopus from version 3.13.9 to 2018.6.5 last week, and we’ve observed that a couple of teams are seeing the following message:

We as administrators of all Octopus Projects, don’t grant permissions to any of the options that are situated under the tab Configuration, even to local administrators.

Is it a known issue?

Regard.

Nico.

Hi Nico,

Thanks for getting in touch and taking the time to report this! I’m very sorry you’re hitting this unexpected and annoying issue after the upgrade. Unfortunately I’m currently unable to reproduce this behavior. I have seen an issue recently with a user who belongs to multiple teams (one administrator, and the other with scoped permission) have their permissions incorrectly restricted based on the team with fewer permissions. So while it’s possible that this was fixed since 2018.6.5, I’d like to dig a bit deeper to find the issue. Would you be able to provide an export of this specific user’s permissions? You can get this in your web portal under Configuration > Test Permissions and selecting the user. This should help me confirm what’s going on here. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.