Missing permission: TeamView Error in Octopus

We are facing this issue of missing TeamView permission (as below) for all the octopus projects that are making use of Send an Email step template in the process.

Due to security reasons we cannot grant the TeamView permissions to the users. The workaround we are currently using is to remove the Send an Email step from the process.
As many users are making use of this step in their automation process we would like you to look into the Send an Email step template. Please check if the step can be accommodated without granting the TeamView permissions.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this confusing behavior here. Since the email step can be configured to send emails to teams in Octopus, this message is notifying this user that they don’t have access to view this information. If this user has for example permissions to edit the project, they should still be able to and you could safely ignore and close this message.

Are you hitting any issue with this user having any issues editing objects in the project that you’ve allowed them to edit? If so, could you let me know which version of Octopus you’re currently running? I’ll be happy to attempt to reproduce that behavior if so. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.