Missing Custom images and Deploy Steps info of old in projects

Hi!

We have done an Octopus server migration (with success :slight_smile: and activate Force SSL True Binding so all Octopus traffic now is to Octopus.MyDomain.com, and everything works fine but the custom images are not displayed, neither the steps done in the releases deployed before the migration

8efc30cd-0ffd-4b09-ac72-1bd203483e5b

If I go to the path directly (like https://octopusMyDomain.com/api/Spaces-1/projects/Projects-1066/logo?cb=Projects-1066-2021040801430443) from one of the missing images, I get a server Error 500.

Also the steps done in previous reales are missing; This info appears if I deploy new releases, but not in any of the ones already done in the previous server.

I checked the logs without findind anything related, but maybe I didn’t look in the right place? (C:\Octopus\Logs\OctopusServer.txt)

I also did a search here first but didn’t find any related post

May you help me to display the missing images and recover the missing steps information?

`

So I realize that work, logs, TaskLogs, Artifacts and Packages folders needs to be copied to the new serber, if you want it to be avail in the new server… :sweat_smile:

If you consider anything else to keep in mind related to this let me know.

Thank you

Hi jscvictormanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. It looks like you’ve already found the solution to this which is great news - thank you for coming back and updating the thread with your findings.

The following documentation outlines a range of options for moving some or all of your Octopus Server components to new servers:

As you have correctly discovered, you need to move the Artifacts, Task Logs and (if you’re using the built in package repository) Packages directories to your new server. The logos are stored in the Artifacts directory.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

1 Like

Thank you Charles! last related question:

There are some files and folders in the original server not present yet in the new one, in “C:\Octopus\OctopusServer” path, and would like to know if you recommend me to move those as well.

Specifically the old server has in the mentioned path “Tools” and “BundledPackageStoreCache” folders whereas the new one has not, and also the old one has a lot more files in the “PacakegCache” folder than the new one.

Should I move all this content as well?

Hi @jscvictormanuel,

That’s a great question and thanks for following up.

These directories should mostly be for caching files and tools that Octopus Server will use during deployment and can help speed things up. For example, Octopus will have historically downloaded packages from an external feed and put them in PackageCache. Upon deployment, it will check if these files exist and match the specified version, which can save time during deployments as it doesn’t have to re-download them.

It shouldn’t be necessary to move these directories over and you may prefer this to save on disk space, but you can copy them if you’d like to keep your cache.

Hopefully that answers your question, but let me know if not!

Best,
Patrick

1 Like

Thanks for the information Patrick.

Also it seems all content is already being displayed properly.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.